Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Winchesterette-The Pigeon Who Couldn't Fly (Told by Puppy The Guinea Pig)

OK, so about 2 weeks ago this pigeon sees all of us outside grazing in our pens with my mommy-girl sitting on the ground talking to us in a loving voice. Apparently the pigeon couldn't fly for weeks and had been walking around the neighborhood looking for food (we found out later).





So the pigeon sees my mommy and thinks "animal sucker!!!!" She looks all cute and waddles right up into her lap. Of course my mommy girl falls for it. She gets that thing to come into my house (oh, I'm used to this crap. believe me...its happened before.)








So the pigeon sees my mommy and thinks "animal sucker!!!!" She looks all cute and waddles right up into her lap. Of course my mommy girl falls for it. She gets that thing to come into my house (oh, I'm used to this crap. believe me...its happened before.)







That bird stayed on its towel and was pretty good I'll say. It didn't even need a cage and would come back inside on its own. The mommy girl would pick it up and hold it. She just couldn't understand why it wouldn't fly. Its wings would flap a little more strongly each day. My mommy girl has a friend who can talk to animals...no kidding. Actually she has a few who can do it and she kind of does it with me but this one is really good at it. Her name is Mary Ketaily and her web site is italk2pets.com . Mary has talked to me when I've complained about my mommy changing my bedding and stuff and there was no way for Mary to know except me telling her. Anyway, Mary talked to the bird and it just didn't think it could fly. It said it had been sick. Mary and my mommy girl both told the bird it could fly and to keep trying. The next day it flew away. Now it comes back to visit. It sits in the yard all day begging for food and then flies home at night. What a pest. It better not try to eat my food!


OK, are ya happy? Now you know all about the bird! But what do you want to know about ME?

Muskily
Puppy, The Guinea Pig


UPDATE from Puppy's mommy:
 
This story was originally posted on my old blog July 2, 2008.  Since that time, much to my landlady's dismay, Winchesterette and her offspring have chosen to live on my porch, often perching on my windowsills to say hello to me. 
 
It started when Winchesterette built a nest and layed eggs out of season in the winter. I knew that she would likely loose the eggs as it was close to freezing outside, so I rigged up my portable space heater outside of bathroom window to blow gentle heat on her during the cold nights while she faithfully sat on the nest.  After many cold nights, her babies were hatched (2) and I continued to supply them with heat on the cold nights until they were grown.  She has gone on to have several babies (in the appropriate season thank goodness)....most of them stay very close to my yard even though my landlady forced me to stop putting food out for them months ago. They are kind creatures who seem to understand that they are safe here and we have developed an affectionate bond!